The yacht charter season in Greece starts early April and ends in November. High season runs from the last week of July till the first week of September.When sailing in the high season you should take into account the following:
- The most crowded sailing areas will be Corfu, Lefkas and the Saronic.
- You will also find a lot of non-sailing tourists on the popular islands of Mykonos, Ios, Santorini, Kos, Rhodes, Lesvos, etc.
- In the Aegean Sea the strong Meltemi could not only be a nuisance but also a hazard for sailors.
- Yacht charters will be about
- 10% more expensive.
- You will have more choice of cabin charters, flotillas and charter flights.
- All tavernas, museums, mineral baths, etc will be open.